The Gold Coast is indisputably Australia's most popular holiday destination and home to some of the biggest, best, brightest and fastest themed attractions in Australia. From stunning beaches to cosy hinterland getaways its sub tropical climate is ideal to take advantage of the limitless leisure activities all year round.
To help you get the best out of your Gold Coast Holiday, let our friendly Tour Desk staff assist you with fun things to do, local directions, booking a tour for your family plus they can even help you purchase discounted theme park tickets! Whatever the age there is an activity here to entertain and amuse.
Festivals and Celebrations (3)
Bleach* Festival Now in its third year, Bleach* will continue to present art and culture that celebrates the Gold Coast beach and surf lifestyle. Bleach* will present three mega weekends of music, arts and culture located across world famous surf breaks and beachside venues. The first weekend of the Festival coincides with the final weekend of the international event and launch of the surfing world tour, the Quiksilver and Roxy Pro. The perfect celebration to the surfing season, Bleach* Festival will continue across the Gold Coast with a program for all to enjoy.
Gold Coast Swim Festival Gold Coast Swim Festival is held on the Gold Coast in a celebration of their beautiful beaches and lifestyle. The Festival features Australia's best Swim and Resort wear fashion designer shows staged on the beach and poolside by Gold Coast resort hotels There will be student and emerging designer awards in swim and resort wear judged over the days of the Gold Coast Swim Festival. Tickets go on sale September.
Goldies The Goldies event will be 10 or so days of activity and adventure aimed squarely at the 50+ demographic. The program will include as its key attractions a Golf Tournament, a Bowls Tournament, a Film Festival and educational seminars based on Health and Wellbeing, Finance, Superannuation, Technology and Real Estate.
Sporting Events (1)
Immerse SUP and Ocean Paddle Festival The Immerse Paddle Festival provides the exclusive qualification pathway for Queensland athletes aiming to compete at the Australian SUP Titles and subsequently, the 2014 International Surfing Association (ISA) Paddleboard and SUP World Championships.
Full Day (6)
Coastal Island Safaris North Stradbroke Island, the worlds second largest sand island, lies within easy reach of tourists visiting Brisbane and the coast. It offers Coral Sea beaches of pristine white sand, wildlife and rich forests, wetlands and spring fed lakes. Coastal Island Safaris run day tours of the island.
Dolphin Wild - Island Cruises Go Wild with Dolphin Wild! Join Dolphin Wild on a cruise of discovery where you will experience the spectacular beauty of Moreton Island and its Marine Park. Moreton Bay is home to a variety of marine animals such as playful dolphins, huge turtles, shy dugongs and the majestic humpback whale which passes through these waters from June to October.
Mountain Trek Adventures Mountain Trek Adventures offers fully inclusive four wheel drive tours to the World Heritage National Parks of the Gold Coast hinterland featuring Lamington, Mount Tamborine and Springbrook. Included is morning tea, Aussie barbecue lunch with steak, marinated chicken, vegetarian burgers, homemade salads with all drinks included. Highlights are visiting O'Reilly's Guesthouse, the Tree Top Canopy Walk, hand feeding beautiful parrots and bower birds. See unique wildlife and flora in their natural habitats with the most experienced local driver/guides. Experience the fun of four-wheel driving in rainforests and on private properties. They operate with a small group or on your own customised personal tour. Come on tour and see why so many people recommend Mountain Trek Adventures to their friends and relatives.
Southern Cross 4WD Tours Southern Cross 4WD Tours offers a range of Gold Coast Tours to experience the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland and surrounds on a range of four wheel drive tours at its exclusive venues. Visit sub Tropical Rainforests in Tamborine National Park, Springbrook National Park and the World Heritage Listed, Lamington National Park.
True Blue Fishing Charters True Blue Fishing Charters offer a variety of charters and tours from a low price. They specialise in deep sea reef and game fishing charters. The experienced owner-operators work hard to help you catch the fish of a lifetime. Enjoy a great day out on the water with experienced professionals. True Blue fishing actively target and catch a wide range of both bottom dwelling and pelagic fish species, including, snapper, mackerel, marlin, kingfish, jewfish, tuna, tuskfish and many more.
Whales in Paradise - Gold Coast Whale Watching Pty Ltd Gold Coast Whale Watching with Whales in Paradise. Whales in Paradise are the original Gold Coast Whale Watching company and the only whale watch operation whose cruises depart from the heart of the Gold Coast in central Surfers Paradise.
Half Day (2)
Balloon Aloft Gold Coast Balloon Aloft is the only company flying directly over the Gold Coast and hinterland. Join the excitement of a hot air balloon ride with Balloon Aloft Gold Coast. Float like a cloud as you watch the sunrise climbing over the unforgettable panorama of the Gold Coast skyline.
Sea World Whale Watch Sea World Whale Watch is located on Australia's Gold Coast and offers premium whale watching tours with expert tour guides aboard the world's most advanced whale watching vessel Spirit of Migloo. A full refund is provided if your tour fails to sight a whale.
Our Local Highlights
- Dream World: Home to Tiger Island, Nick Central, The Australian Wildlife Experience, Wiggles World, Big Brother, FlowRider and some of the tallest, fastest thrill rides in the world, Dreamworld is the ultimate place for family fun.
You want the most spine-tingling, knee-knocking scream machines in the country? The Claw, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop, Cyclone, and the Wipeout are some of the tallest and fastest rides in the world... we’re not joking when we say they’ll get your heart pumping.
- Movie World: Visit Warner Bros. Movie World - where movie magic happens every day! As the only Australian movie related theme park, you will experience a fun-filled, family adventure with all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
Meet your favourite stars and enjoy all the behind-the-scenes action, comedy stunts and exhilarating rides, shows and attractions! Get more speed riding new Superman Escape. Only at Warner Bros. Movie World!
- Sea World: Visit Sea World! Make contact with marine life wonders and experience a whole world of amazing rides, shows and attractions! More than just a theme park, Sea World is committed to educating guests about the marine environment, and playing an active role in Australian marine research and rescue.
- Wet 'n Wild: Enjoy all the fun and excitement of the world's latest slides, pools and attractions at the largest Australian water park. Experience a day of splashtacular fun for the whole family.
Wet 'n' Wild Water World- Home of the Biggest, Fastest, Longest Waterslides in Australia! The Tornado giant slide has completed the awesome new Extreme H20 Zone - an enormous new thrill slide area that is sure to get pulses racing, featuring gigantic slides offering adrenaline addicts the ultimate extreme experience.
- WhiteWater World: WhiteWater World, on the Gold Coast, delivers thrills for all ages. Woof it up on the HOTTEST water rides on the planet. They've got all four of the "world's best" water slides. Plus, there's something for the whole family with Nickelodeon’s Pipeline Plunge and the toddler playground, Wiggle Bay. WhiteWater World is brought to you by Dreamworld ...so expect an action packed day!
- Australian Outback Spectacular: An evening dinner show presented by R.M.Williams, filled with outback music, drama and action! Australian Outback Spectacular, is located on the Pacific Motorway. Nightly, from Tuesday to Sunday, the $23m attraction features a 1.5 hour extravaganza with spectacular audio and visual effects as well as a three-course Aussie BBQ dinner. As part of the entry ticket, in addition to the show and dinner, guests also receive beer, wine or soft drink during the show as well as a free Stockmen’s hat!
- Paradise Country: Paradise Country, The Gold Coast's authentic Aussie homestead, provides the opportunity to experience outback adventure, has been reconstructed in the serene peaceful hinterland area behind Warner Bros. Movie World.
Paradise Country provides an even more traditional 'fair-dinkum' Aussie homestead experience than ever before including koala cuddling, boomerang throwing and whip cracking demonstrations, sheep dog mustering and stock horse round-up, and billy tea and damper around the camp fire.
- Infinity: INFINITY is a mind-blowing journey into spectacular, futuristic maze-like 'worlds of wonder'. It's a dreamlike, funhouse of the future! It is an extraordinary series of around 20 multi-sensual environments filled with unique special effects, atmospheric sound fields, ultra groovy music and illusions that appear to go all the way to infinity.
It's fun for all ages, good family entertainment and a great group or team building activity taking around 30 minutes for all ages from 8 - 108!